Aloe gel, find out what it is for and how to use it
Let’s find out how to use Aloe gel, what are its properties and its benefits.
Did you know that you can get it directly at home from your plant? Follow our easy instructions!
Why do we choose to use both Aloe Arborescens and Aloe Vera?
Within the VonDerWeid Gels we often use both varieties of Aloe: Vera and Arborescens, this is because, although similar, they still have different principles.
Aloe Arborescens, for example, has a woody stem and less water in the leaf. This makes it a plant with more active ingredients and much more powerful.
On the other hand, being stronger, it risks causing skin discomfort to very sensitive people and / or delicate areas.
For this reason we have chosen to combine Aloe Arborescens with Aloe Vera, a much more famous cousin.
Their synergy gives the products great naturalness and quality.
Where is Aloe gel extracted from?
It is important to be careful when to extract the gel: its production, in fact, begins only when the plant has reached the minimum age of 2 years. Only then can it be defined as productive.
The Aloe gel is extracted from the leaves, here are some short and easy instructions:
- Once the plant has reached maturity, choose a large leaf at the base and cut it with a knife.
- Take a food container and tilt the leaf over the container to drain all the gel contained inside the leaf for a few minutes.
- At this point, place it on a cutting board and cut off the thorny edges, including the tip and the base.
Section it inwards, opening it in two (as if to clean fish)
- With a spoon or a butter knife, proceed to collect the thickest gel
How to use Aloe gel for external use
Its uses are many: from skin to hair, from burns to redness. Let’s find out together!
ALOE GEL FOR SKIN
Thanks to the high content of vitamins and trace elements, it is an excellent moisturizer for the skin.
It can boast a strong nourishing action, stimulating the synthesis of collagen and hyaluronic acid.
It creates a thin protective film on the skin, protecting it from atmospheric agents and pollution: it is advisable to use it as a moisturizer as soon as you wake up, in order to protect yourself throughout the day.
By using the Aloe gel on a daily basis, you will notice skin improvements and an anti-aging action. Tip: add a few drops of geranium essential oil!
4. SOOTHING – AFTER SUN
In summer, it is an excellent ally against sunburn: after a long exposure to the sun’s rays, applying it to the affected area, it will be possible to immediately experience a sensation of freshness.
5. SOOTHING – AFTER SHAVE
Thanks to its disinfectant and healing effect, it acts as a regenerating gel after shaving, giving immediate relief.
Excellent in combination with colloidal silver!
6. DERMATITIS and INSECT BITES
Also thanks to its soothing power, aloe gel in combination with a few drops of lavender essential oil is an excellent ally against itching caused by dermatitis and insect bites
ALOE GEL FOR THE HAIR
I don’t know if you were aware of it, but aloe gel, as well as for the skin, is also an excellent ally for the care of brittle, dry or sun-damaged hair!
Try using it as a hair pack:
- distribute it evenly on the scalp for the entire length of the hair, paying particular attention to the ends
- leave it to act for 10/15 minutes
For better results it is recommended to apply the gel once a week on clean hair, after shampooing and before making a final rinse.
Aloe gel: the most frequently asked questions
Trust our twenty years of experience
At VonDerWeid, we have been offering natural remedies for well-being since 1997, focusing on Aloe Arborescens and Aloe Vera.
In addition to the lines of Food Supplements, we have also developed a line of gels: formulated based on unpasteurized Aloe, in order to preserve all the properties of the freshly harvested leaf.
is a gel based on organic and completely Italian Aloe Arborescens and Vera, which hydrates, soothes and protects the skin.
- Pain and swelling from fatigue
- Soothe redness and sunburn
- Immediate relief from itching caused by insect bites
- Counteracts dehydration, dryness and peeling of the skin and helps keep it young and elastic
- As a soothing and refreshing aftershave, perfect for those prone to irritation
- Applied locally, it relieves red gums